Once a sleepy fishing town, Pattaya first boomed during the Vietnam War as an official R&R spot. Now it’s Thailand biggest seaside resort with 13,000 hotel rooms, whose main attractions are its golf courses, its wild nightlife, its family theme parks and its proximity to Bangkok.
Things to see and do in Pattaya:
1) Tee off.
If you are a fanatic golfer or one who doesn’t like to play the same course twice then Pattaya, which has more nearby top-flight golf courses than any other Thai beach resort, is the place for you.
2) Get foamed at the Hard Rock Café.
Once everyone is suitably inebriated, a thick blanket of foam is pumped onto the dance-floor, under whose cover everyone slips and slides around. Although this is about as attractive to older visitors as a spell in a dentist’s chair, younger tourists love it.
3) Check in at the Cabbages and Condoms Resort.
Part of a nationwide chain of resorts that encourage safe sex, the resorts are the brain-child of a Thai cabinet minister who wants to make condoms as numerous as cabbages in a market. There aren’t actually that many cabbages in the average Thai market, so maybe the name ‘Morning Glory and Condoms’ would have been a better choice for the resort: it has a nicer ring about it and, if you think about it, is also kind of appropriate.
As Thailand’s biggest resort the selection of restaurants is as excellent as is to be expected and includes establishments serving all the world’s major cuisines. Ignore that salty wet stuff next to the beach (it’s a bit murky anyway) and concentrate on expanding your waist-line at the maximum possible rate.
5) Check out the Alcazar transsexual cabaret.
You’ll be amazed at the beauty of most of the ‘women’. If in doubt as to someone’s gender, check out the way their arms hang – the arms of people who have at any stage been male bend slightly inwards below the elbow, whereas
- Pattaya Hotels: Where to Stay in Pattaya Pattaya, a city in Thailand, is located ion the east coast of Gulf of Thailand. Though it was a small fishing village, but now ranking in the list of most beautiful beach resorts in the world, it is counted as a major tourists’ destination. The city of Pattaya fell into crisis at the end of [...]...
- Family Travel: Vacation in Pattaya Varied scenery, distinct architecture, cuisine that is second to none – it is hardly surprising that the Tourism Authority of Thailand report that more than 13 million tourists visited Thailand in 2005. The beauty of the landscapes, the friendly people and the large sweep of Pattaya beach all become ingredients for a delightful holiday. The [...]...
- Some of The Best Hotels in Pattaya Pattaya, located at approximately 145 km south of the city of Bangkok, it occupied most of the coastline to Banglamung, one of the eleven districts comprising Chonburi Province. Apart from Pattaya beach, a main beach, there are many beaches including Jomtien beach, which is broader and better shape with the amiable friendly oriented atmosphere. Pattaya [...]...
- Pattaya Property Buying Guide Pattaya is a picturesque tourist spot located in the Chonburi province of Thailand. This holiday destination is world famous for its golden sandy beaches; rich cuisine and thrilling nightlife, which have made it famous amongst tourists from all over the world. The exotic location and attractions that delight the senses truly promise to make this [...]...