Frequently Asked Questions
What happens once my reservation is placed?
1) Our travel advisors will immediately check availability with the hotel suppliers.
2) If the room is available, we will charge your credit card and the room will be reserved for your stay. We will email you the confirmation voucher which you will have to present together with your passport when checking in. We strongly recommend that you use your full name as recorded on your passport when making reservations, to avoid any confusion at the hotel.
3) If the room of your 1st choice hotel room is not available and if you have specific the 2nd and 3rd choice hotels, we will check them. And if any of them is available, we will reserved it and charge your card at the new amount according to new hotel rate without prior notice.
Is there any fee using ModernThailand.com service ?
There is no charge to use ModernThailand.com for reserving hotels and, in fact, you will usually save a lot of money by booking at our special rates.
Can I make a reservation directly through the hotel?
ModernThailand.com's rates are only available through our service. If you would like to make a reservation with the hotel itself, you will need to contact them directly and you will usually be charged an average of 30% to 75% more.
After I make my reservation, how long it takes to get hotel's confirmation ?
We will response within 1-3 working days (not including Sat, Sun & Public holidays) .
When you make a booking with us, you will receive our Order Acknowledgement via email, confirming that your order is now being process. If you do not receive the Acknowledgement email from us within 24 hours after placing an request, please kindly contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org
Are your hotel rates per room or per person ?
All of our listed rates are per room, NOT per person (unless otherwise specified).
Are taxes included in the rate?
Yes. All taxes and charges are INCLUSIVE in the room rate, it means that you do not have to pay more!
Is it safe to use my credit card?
Yes. We treat the security of our clients' information matter very seriously. To ensure your security, all credit card transactions are secured by SSL, which encrypts the credit card number so as to make it unavailable to any other party. Click here for more information on site security.
Can I send my credit card details by fax?
Yes, you can print and complete a copy of our credit card charge form and fax back to us at +66 2513-5782
How can I amend my booking?
If you wish to amend your booking, please let us know as soon as possible. We would love to be as flexible as we can regarding this issue. However, as an agent, ModernThailand.com has to abide by the individual hotel policies regarding refunds. Essentially, if the hotel charges you for the nights you cancelled, we do too. If the hotel does not charge you, neither do we.
Note: Reducing the number of rooms or changing the hotel is considered as a cancellation; so in these cases the cancellation fee will apply. Please check our booking conditions for more details on the cancellation fee.
What if I want to extend my stay after arrival ?
Please contact ModernThailand.com office so that you can continue to benefit from our exclusive low rates. (Failure to do this via ModernThailand.com will result in you being charged full walk-in rates)
How can I cancel my booking?
See booking conditions for more details.
What is the cost of car parking at the hotel?
All the information that is available to us about facilities at the hotel is displayed on the website. For information not already stated on our website regarding room facilities or hotel facilities, please contact the hotel directly. The contact information will be displayed on the confirmation email.
Is breakfast included in the room rate?
Many hotels include a buffet or continental breakfast as part of their room rates, while others offer it as a separate service. This information can be found on the hotel's information page in the Prices section.
What is your policy on early check-in and late check-out?
Most hotels will not charge for early check-in (10.00 - 12.00) and late check-out (12.00 - 14.00). However, this policy may vary from hotel to hotel and also depend on the availability of the room(s) at the period. If the hotel needs an extra charge we will have to charge you as well.
You are likely to be charged half of the one night accommodation rate for check-out from 14.00 to 17.00, and a full night's charge for check-out after 17.00.
To avoid troubles, please inform us in advance for Early check-in and Late check-out.
What is your policy for children?
- Baby cots for infants (up to 2 years of age) are normally provided free of charge and include no food whatsoever.
- Child rates apply only to children up to 11 years of age.
- Some hotels allow children to share the existing bedding in the room at no extra charge, but breakfast for the children should pay direct to the hotel. Any price given for children sharing their parent's room using the existing bedding (i.e. with no additional extra bed provided) is on the strict understanding that ModernThailand.com will not be responsible for any additional charges the guests incur should either the guests themselves find the arrangement to be incovenient or when the hotel adjudge the child to be too big and insist an extra bed should be used. In either case, all additional charges should be settled directly by the guests with the hotel.
- We strongly recommend that children's prices be based on the rate that includes the use of an extra bed.
- Extra beds for children are usually of rollaway type, which in some hotel rooms will mean less space and the room can feel a little cramped.
What are your booking conditions?
To read our Booking Conditions, please click here.